|The following are benefits which have already been experienced on many of the projects used as source material for the Toolkit:
- Outcomes which better meet the original and evolving needs.
- Fewer defects in delivery and future operation.
- Earlier delivery and improved transition to operation.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Quicker concept to completion cycles through improved engagement with supplier.
- Improved defect remediation.
- More effective decision-making facilitated through openly sharing issues, ideas and information.
- More appropriate selection in quality and specification to meet the anticipated life span.
- Better balance of capital and revenue investment deployment.
- Lower life-cycle cost of ownership.
- Appropriate flexibility and adaptability to suite anticipated futures.
- Reduced cost of transactions.
- Opportunities to benefit from economies of scale and recovery of unnecessary tender costs.
- More realistic risk profiles.
- Reduced project insurance costs and simpler recovery processes and guarantees.
- Seamless planning and implementation.
- Clarity of programme progress.
- Minimised risks of misunderstandings.
- Avoidance of delays and overspends.
- Improved component and material delivery through better scheduling and inventory management.
- An open and honest environment capable of eliminating unpleasant surprises.
- More certainty in cashflows and less credit needs.
Focus on sustainability
- Minimised consumption and wastage.
- Increased profitability for all.
- More appropriate selection to suit life-cycle.
- Improved focus on medium/long-term performance, benefits, research and development.
- More prefabrication, off-site production and modular solutions.
- More efficient material utilisation.
- Reduced dependency on scarce skills by designing out or prefabricating specialist interfaces.
- Documented track record for repeat/strategic appointments in lieu of tendering.
- Greater financial stability and reduced reliance on working capital.
- Safer, more respectful and supportive climate.
- Opportunity to be consulted and involved in decisions.
- Clarity on levels of empowerment and authority to act.
- Culture of mutual enjoyment and success.
- Minimised focus on litigation, freeing individuals and companies to focus on performance.
- Continuity of employment and the opportunity to build long-term relationship based on mutual trust.
- Encouraging questioning and challenging to improve understanding.
- Opportunity to offer alternatives and to innovate.
- Freedom for personal growth and accountability.
- Continuously improving processes, methods and outcomes.
- Design solutions which are easier to manufacture and construct.
- More focused and efficient research and development with reducing development timescales.
- Opportunity to learn from own and others’ mistakes.